In the past few years peptides have become a star ingredient in anti-aging cosmetics. Like other cosmetic actives, peptides are part of the human body and have various functions.
What are peptides?
Peptides are molecules formed by the union of different amino acids. These amino acids are joined by bonds called peptides. Peptides have various functions in the body, as do proteins. Depending on the number of amino acids that make up the peptide, the latter receives one name or another: oligopeptide, polypeptide, hexapeptide, tripeptide.
Peptides are involved in a large number of biochemical processes, they transmit information to cells, they communicate the epidermis with the dermis so that it regenerates faster.
What are their benefits to skin?
- They restore the skin, stimulate its renewal and regeneration, thus helping to fight against aging.
- Some peptides have shown a remarkable calming effect on the skin.
- Other peptides help improve the appearance of wrinkles, smooth expression lines and prevent loss of firmness.
How to use them?
Peptides are found in serum and cream formulas (both facial and eye contour), in different combinations and under various names, as there are a lot of types. To be beneficial for the skin, they must be combined with other active ingredients such as antioxidants or moisturizers (hyaluronic acid, etc.). It is also possible to combine them with alpha hydroxy acids or with retinol.
Their effects are not maintained when you stop using the product, so you have to use them continuously to see their benefits. They can be used both during the day and at night, on all skin types, as they are well tolerated.
They are ideal for mature skin or those that want to slow down aging.
Where can you get skincare with Peptides?
Right here! Go into our Catalogue and click into Perles Magiques.
Our Peptide Dream Capsules are what your skin needs.
This red capsule is full of different peptides that will restore the vibrancy and luminosity to your skin, will improve your skins tone, diminish fine lines and wrinkles and will make your skin firmer and tighter.
Its texture is like a thick concentrated serum that highly hydrates and moisturizes your skin.
The oligopeptides used in our capsules are able to get deep into the cellular level when applied topically working from within out. They increase the production of proteins like collagen and help improve the appearance of fine lines, wrinkling and help to improve volume and plumpness of the skin.
Peptide dream captules will also:
- Stimulate skin growth and repair: it sends a signal to the skin to repair itself when needed. For example, they can help trigger healing for the red, oozy, scaly situation that typically happens after a pimple has popped.
- Increase hydration: As collagen decreases, you are more likely to see loss of firmness, dullness, fine lines, discoloration and overall dryness. More collagen created from peptides gives places to plumper and well hydrated skin.
- Fight inflammation: As antioxidants in peptides help to calm and soothe skin, inflammation is reduced.
- Protect against free radicals: Since oligopeptides help to build up skin cells, they are essentially strengthening the skin barrier and increasing protection against UV damage and other environmental intruders.
Vitamin E, β-glucan, Primrose Oil, Ceramide 3, Shea Butter, Sodium Hyaluronate, Oligopeptide -1, Oligopeptide-5, Oligopeptide-2, North American Golden Prunus Extract, Water, Acetyltetrapeptide-5, Palmitoylpentapeptide-4, Acetylhexapeptide-8.